Our Studios are based on Dorothy Guerra's Yoga Birth Method - A Step by Step Guide to Natural Childbirth
The Yoga Birth Method is a techniques that uses specific postures, comfort measures and breathing intentions in each stage of labor to create an enlightened and mindful childbirth experience. This method is the best way to achieve natural childbirth because it teaches you how to understand medical interventions, when to use them, when to avoid them empowering you to make informed birthing choices.
Monday 7:15 pm
Wednesday 7:15 pm
Tuesday 7:00 pm
Thursday 7:00 pm
Sunday 10:45 am
All classes are drop in. Many packages are available for pass purchase. See the Paypal info on the home page.
Interested in a one on one prenatal session to help prepare for labor ands obtain a healthy fit pregnancy? .
- $65 one hour in studio
- $80 in home one hour
- $180 - 3 sessions in studio
- $220 - 3 sessions in home
$145 plus hst per couple NEXT WORKSHOP: 2 classes available - Saturday, April 26 or Saturday, June 7th from 11:30-4:00
Workshops are held every month, please to register for a different date.
Must register in advance maximum 5 couples. to preregister.
Our child Birth Education classes will educate you on how to have a positive labour experience and provide you with the skills needed for when baby arrives. Topics are covered through discussion, videos and exercises. By enabling yourself with knowledge you allow yourself the best possible pregnancy and birth.
This class is unique and a has been quoted as “a must for every woman and her partner” by other participants. Classes offered at the hospital or the city provide you with the basics of birth education. Our program will provide you with an in depth understanding of labor and a process to turn information into action. You will learn how to work through the decision making process to prevent unnecessary intervention, how to use yoga postures and breathing techniques that help encourage labor progression and manage discomfort and hands on assistance for partners to offer full support.
We use the Yoga Birth Method developed by Dorothy Guerra (RYT, Doula, CBE), incorporating prenatal yoga and pranayama (breathing) techniques suitable for each stage of labour. This method uses 8 principles of yoga philosophy that help you become connected with your body and teach you to mindfully deal with labour pain. The Yoga Birth Method, encouraging an enlightened and natural approach to childbirth.
Fees vary based on number of services in the plan
Call or email for Service Package Pricing Fees vary $750-$1000
Doula Services - Labour Support
Experience a new way to give birth. Empower yourself and prepare for a healthy positive labour and childbirth experience. We provide Yoga Labour coaching which provides you and your spouse with holistic tools and support during your labour. The Labour coach provides assistants with breath focus, yoga postures for a more relaxed delivery and pain management techniques. This is a unique way to make your delivery a more personal holistic experience while using medical services.
Doula service includes:
- Home and hospital labour and birth support - Breath Focus, Yoga Birthing Techniques
- Support by telephone and email as needed during pregnancy and immediate postpartum
- 24 hour on-call availability 2 weeks either side of your estimated due date;
- Emotional; physical and informational support during labour, birth and up to two hours after the birth of your baby;
- One at home postpartum visit to see how you are doing and provide additional support and resources
Call us for a consultation.
Why Use a Doula?
Doulas improve birth outcomes for mothers and babies, and several evidence based studies have been done that show:
- reduces overall cesarean rate by 50% reduces length of labor by 25% reduces oxytocin (Pitocin) use by 40%
- reduces use of pain medications by 30%
- reduces the need for forceps by 40%
- reduces requests for epidurals by 60%
*Based on 6 randomized studies of over 1500 women
Benefits of Doula Care
A doula "mothers the mother" and in doing so, provides a level of personal care to enhance the experience of childbirth for the whole family.
Recognizes birth as a key life experience that the mother will remember all her life...
Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor...
Assists the woman and her partner in preparing for and carrying out their plans for the birth...
Stays by the side of the laboring woman throughout the entire labor...
Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures, an objective viewpoint and assistance to the woman in getting the information she needs to make good decisions...
Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and clinical careproviders...
Perceives her role as one who nutures and protects the woman's memory of her birth experience.
A doula's presence
- helps fathers or partners participate at their own comfort level
- assists busy hospital staff
- saves money (fewer medical interventions, shorter hospital stays)
- increases breastfeeding rates and success
- supports overall family bonding
- greatly increases a mother;s overall satisfaction with her birthing experience
Private one on one training is also available.
Watch this video on Dorothy's labor technique: The Yoga Birth Method.
- If you are pregnant and are interested in our classes for pregnancy and in couples childbirth education
- Would like to have Dorothy as your Doula
- Interested in certification as a Prenatal Yoga Instructor or as Doula in the Yoga Birth Method
Please contact her at Dorothy@yogabirthmethod.com
Read the full article here